Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Reality Check

Well, this is the point in time I must admit to myself that I cannot keep doing this to myself! I am working way too much. Although I should have been saving money to get back to school for the past 2 years, I have failed miserably! But, lets face it... how difficult is it to save $2,000 when you only make $10,000 a year? IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you, IMPOSSIBLE! That is 20% of NOTHING ...Now that I have a drive to do this, to save... things just get more complicated! I'm afraid I'm just setting myself up for disaster. I've talked myself, and all of my friends, into getting back into school this spring semester. This means I would have to save about $400/month in Aug, Sept, Oct, & Nov. That sounds simple enough, but I pay $600+ in bills every month (Ironically $250 of that is STUDENT loans). So, There goes the barely $1,000 a month I make every month, leaving no $ for groceries, grooming, fabulous nights out with my wonderful friends, or even food for my kitten:( As I am realizing that school by January is quite impossible, I am getting very depressed. HOWEVER... now that I have this extreme ambition, and the support of my amazing friends I will start saving money. All of the hard work I put in on the weekends reffing volleyball at my second job will pay off... literally! Thanks to the advice of my lovely and too smart for her own socks friend Kitty, I will be depositing DIRECTLY into my savings the money I make every Saturday and Sunday. As I will no longer need to make the meager extra $50 I make at my horrid job, after I take complete advantage of my medical and dental benefits I am OUTA HERE! It's really just not worth being miserable for. School WILL come. It will take time... but I will appreciate every minuet of it because I will EARN it myself! Cheers to growing up, good friends, and getting back to school.

No comments: